• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Completed Cant connect with the amspeak client

iafondo

Hello i did everything like the tutorial says, i can loggin with teaspeak client but not with 3.1.10 or 3.2.2 client of Tea*Speak, i even tried the protocol mode but no results, any ideia what iam missing?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
this is what i get after trying to connect with ts3 client after converting the txt file to unixView attachment 737
Uh well it seems like it has some trouble reading your datagramms.
I have a few questions:
Which system are you using (the server of cause)?
Which address family are you trying to connect? (IPv4 or IPv6)

iafondo

atm iam running win10 with ubunto trying acess localhost, cuz from standard settings nothing else works, i have an older server(not yours) that works just fine, thisone only their app works and only in local host, i have all ports open and everything and nothing, only localhost works in tea app ipv4, i dont understand whats going on, i even tried twice and same result.
i start it to get yml, stop change file, change protocol, convert, restart all running on su

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well yes and no.
For the teaclient you require port 9987 to be open with the protocol TCP and for Tea*Speak UDP. That's may a reason why you can't connect with the teaclient from outside. To the Tea*Speak 3 client, I don't have really a clue. I already had that kind of error long time ago, of cause just under windows under Linux everything works, and fixed it by removing an parameter. I'll lookup my code if I may read des it again, but now sure.

iafondo

Well yes and no.
For the teaclient you require port 9987 to be open with the protocol TCP and for Tea*Speak UDP. That's may a reason why you can't connect with the teaclient from outside. To the Tea*Speak 3 client, I don't have really a clue. I already had that kind of error long time ago, of cause just under windows under Linux everything works, and fixed it by removing an parameter. I'll lookup my code if I may read des it again, but now sure.
like i have all ports open on the router, and it locks all communications, like i can only connect to it via localhost on your client everything else is blocked, but for my other server everythings good (same pc and port fowarding)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
like i have all ports open on the router, and it locks all communications, like i can only connect to it via localhost on your client everything else is blocked, but for my other server everythings good (same pc and port fowarding)
Well correct me but on most routers you could only forward ports and not open all ports because your pc hasn't a dedicated ip address :)

Well did you tried to ping the specific ports from another pc? External network