• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Lagging when channel switching, mute, and away

LabodiDavid

Server version: 1.4.8-beta-9

I'm and others on the server experiencing lagging when someone doing channel switch, away, and mute.
The ping is has a 25 ms average, and the stability, voice quality is good to.

This problem is at on all virtual servers.

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
that is, if users move from channel to channel, then with some delay? Strange, I didn't notice it.

Show the processor characteristics, command: cat /proc/cpuinfo and the contents of the config.yml section "threads", and also how many virtual servers you have.
Which client is experiencing problems? WebClient, TeaClient or Tea*Speak?

Last edited:

LabodiDavid

Yes, it's happening everytime as you said, and same with away, mute. After i was updated to beta-9. Before the upgrade it wasn't there any problems like this.
Maybe there are some missing options because the newer version, and i didn't updated the config file?

Attachments

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Please wait for the developer's response. It will give you a detailed answer and help you. Personally, I have no such problem, but your situation is very interesting.

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
How many virtual instances?

How many users connected? (Total and per instance)

How long does the instances has been running for?

Is there any packet loss for the specific client? (The server packet loss is not calculated yet)

LabodiDavid

How many virtual instances?

How many users connected? (Total and per instance)

How long does the instances has been running for?

Is there any packet loss for the specific client? (The server packet loss is not calculated yet)
There are 3 virtual servers.
The server's load average is: 0.71, 0.40, 0.40
Mostly one virtual server is used, the another two are running empty, so the total connections is 8-9 max, with a 25 ms ping average.
Currently the server is running 2 days ago.
The server has an optical 1gbit internet connection, so i don't blame the connection.

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Mostly one virtual server is used, the another two are running empty, so the total connections is 8-9 max, with a 25 ms ping average.
The server has an optical 1gbit internet connection, so i don't blame the connection.
Your situation is becoming more mysterious and mysterious.

LabodiDavid

I had an another issue, i described in that article, that is interesting because I had to move the server physically another location, another isp, and the problem persists, but in the last days it's seems like disappearing, I can connect for the first time, but it's take more time to connecting than the original tea (m) speak server.
(I also removed iptables completely and didn't help :'D)

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Well, the amount of users is really low... The server is running for two days already or did you restart it in the meanwhile? Does it starts to happen after a set time? Like after 3h of running the problem starts.

About the server load, and you say the CPU usage at the moment that the issue is happening? Also RAM usage if possible.

About the packet loss, it isn't strictly related to network. If the software is having trouble in managing the packets the client may be losing those packets. Right click on the user and then select client information. Trace out the packet loss and ping variation of that client in question.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
well I is indeed quite interesting to whats this thread go along.
I haven't yet put a statement, manly because I'm as clueless as all of you.
In general, specially with these low server usages, the TeaSpeak server runs totally stable.
Could you may describe the "lag" a bit more? So its like 2 seconds or like what is it?

Is there anything within the log? (Please use trace mode ofc)

LabodiDavid

Here is a trace level log that contains, while i check my connection details and constantly switching channels.
Sometimes it happens, and sometimes didn't. But i recognized, the chat is lagging to. For example if i write a message, it didn't appear. And after that I write an another one, and the two are appearing together meanwhile my ping is acceptable. It's example is comparable with the channel switching, but there is a little change for smoothly channel switch. It's very randomly.
And I can't see packet loss, I checked everybody on the server.
And the RAM status: 354MiB / 2438MiB

Does it starts to happen after a set time? Like after 3h of running the problem starts.
No, it isn't. The problem persists about I upgraded to this beta from the previous beta release.

Attachments

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Here is a trace level log that contains, while i check my connection details and constantly switching channels.
Sometimes it happens, and sometimes didn't. But i recognized, the chat is lagging to. For example if i write a message, it didn't appear. And after that I write an another one, and the two are appearing together meanwhile my ping is acceptable. It's example is comparable with the channel switching, but there is a little change for smoothly channel switch. It's very randomly.
And I can't see packet loss, I checked everybody on the server.
And the RAM status: 354MiB / 2438MiB

No, it isn't. The problem persists about I upgraded to this beta from the previous beta release.
This lost packet counter is unrealized. See connecting a client that is experiencing these problems.

LabodiDavid

Well, it's me with a stable 4G connection after a pure 2 minutes of channel switching.
The big packet loss is at when I established the connection, after that it's decreasing.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I will try to upgrade to the beta-10 at the morning. By the way thank you all for your helpful:)
I hope Wolverin knows something about the missing packet id's but i think it will not be significant in the problem. It was appeared in my log in the another article too. soo..😅

Attachments

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
"missing packet id's" just means that we've received an acknowledge that a packed has been received which we already had marked as aknowledged.
I think the main reason for these sometimes "slow" actions are the highly changing ping of your mobile device (That you're on a mobile device is btw the most important information here).

So manly this isn't really a performance issue its more like a transmission issue for small band connections.
I'll may take a look there a bot more in the future.

LabodiDavid

I see. Thank you :) Yes, in this situation I was connected with mobile internet connection but this happens with any type of connection. You're right, i thought so. I updated to beta-10 and the chat lagging is disappeared, and the channel switching is more smoothly yet. My clients reported me this problem, before that I never met this problem. Except the connection issue. But the connection problem that I always mention, that still persists, but in the last few days it's occurs less frequently.
Thank you for your helpful. :)

REDOSS

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
I will close this topic.

If the issue is still relevant, please create this topic again.