• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Completed Memory leak solved?

DrN00bish

Wonder if it'll actually starts to unload if ram gets requested by another service or not. Is it just the sql temp that keeps it as long as it's not being used by anything else?

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Wonder if it'll actually starts to unload if ram gets requested by another service or not. Is it just the sql temp that keeps it as long as it's not being used by anything else?
Hmmm.. I don't know, about it's because sqlite.. for i'm using only SQLite database for TS3, and not mySQL database. ;o

It's just crazy that it can use/eat 4GB memory. although there are only 1 user on TS. or only generally 0 at night.

DrN00bish

Totally agree with that!
The inactive server hasn't increased on my test though as it did the other day. My live server is on MariaBD so it has been a bit different with db handling on that generally but the third server hasn't been increasing on sqlite as much either. Might've been because I fooled around on other stuff too so had to ask if it was here only.

Thanks for reply mate

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Totally agree with that!
The inactive server hasn't increased on my test though as it did the other day. My live server is on MariaBD so it has been a bit different with db handling on that generally but the third server hasn't been increasing on sqlite as much either. Might've been because I fooled around on other stuff too so had to ask if it was here only.

Thanks for reply mate
But it's pretty "weird" how it can eating.. just - As example: 0 users on TS server = 4GB (SQLITE) - I don't have tested with MySQL database.

I have setup a (DEV) for keep eye with memory (SQLITE) too. 1 server max. with up to 200 slots. (still using: 3.2GB in virtual - without to connect to the server!)

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
"...seems like I for one have less leakage since I booted last version yesterday?anybody else noticed that?"
Yes my friend.
Mine is consuming less ram (+-20mb/hour) ;)
10h = +200mb ram
But it still consume a lot.... (comparing with Tea*Speak)

angelocrr

I have a vps with 50 user online and i am using 950 mb/1000. But servers are still online from 3 day. I am on old version 1.2.10 beta 5.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Nice.
Mine Teaspeak server is 36h online = 800mb ram
Not normal, but i've 2Gb ram just for this voice server.
No crashes at all, but i keep restarting before it uses all disponible ram.

salamanderhell

Using ubuntu x86 memory usage has always been down to a maximum of 500mb and decreasing.

But there were some times when CPU usage from 4% to 99% and crashed the server.

But the memory OK

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Hi.

Let me tell you, why my server is not CRASHED and, why i'm using: 1GB to 2.12GB RAM (as used)

I'm using a VPS from Contabo, and why it's (recommended) to use a up to (16 or 32GB RAM as example!) and with 4cores or 6cores.

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz

Right now: 07:51 (CEST+1) 24-08 today = 2,3% MEM & 4,0% CPU (via htop!) (never hitting the 4% direct or 99%!)
2.12GB is now in used! (out of 32GB!)

No crash, nothing. (if my friends got disconnected. they will msg me about it. but i didn't hear from them!)

(Just for give a example, what i'm running on a VPS!)

latters

Hi.

Let me tell you, why my server is not CRASHED and, why i'm using: 1GB to 2.12GB RAM (as used)

I'm using a VPS from Contabo, and why it's (recommended) to use a up to (16 or 32GB RAM as example!) and with 4cores or 6cores.

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz

Right now: 07:51 (CEST+1) 24-08 today = 2,3% MEM & 4,0% CPU (via htop!) (never hitting the 4% direct or 99%!)
2.12GB is now in used! (out of 32GB!)

No crash, nothing. (if my friends got disconnected. they will msg me about it. but i didn't hear from them!)

(Just for give a example, what i'm running on a VPS!)
with only 3 days of connected server it is consuming 1.7 GB of memory with only 67 connected users!
I believe that in a few hours you will reach the maximum memory limit.

I do not know how you do this miracle.

http://prntscr.com/kmlvqr
http://prntscr.com/kmlvsn

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Yeah.
I'm in a OVH Vps with 2GB Ram and i restart my server every 3 days
to avoid maximum ram consumption :(

Let's wait for a new update with the solution ;)