• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Completed Memory leak solved?

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Not all of us can afford a 32Gb RAM machine for only one voice server with 16 users :confused:, I think it even cheaper to buy an original TS3 license than paying for that server.

I hope a solution comes out soon.
Well my server is only a VPS. :) six cores + 30-32GB. ;) 19.99 € monthly.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Hmmm not bad price, what hosting ?
Contabo, located in Germany! ;) they has 2 datacenter. i pay 55 € for 3 months (because 5% discount)

And i got no issues. ;) not even ddos attacked. so yeah. ^^ (maybe because i'm good to hide IP on cloudflare haha)

mola19

Fanatic member
Premium User
Contabo, located in Germany! ;) they has 2 datacenter. i pay 55 € for 3 months (because 5% discount)

And i got no issues. ;) not even ddos attacked. so yeah. ^^ (maybe because i'm good to hide IP on cloudflare haha)

Ohh Contabo does not work for me because of its lack of protection.

I try contabo and has very bad anti DDoS, the first week they drop my server many times and I had to go to the anti DDoS game of OVH, for me it is unthinkable to buy a server in OVH with 32Gb of RAM only for TS3.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam

I try contabo and has very bad anti DDoS, the first week they drop my server many times and I had to go to the anti DDoS game of OVH, for me it is unthinkable to buy a server in OVH with 32Gb of RAM only for TS3.
I got no issues with DDoS attack. ;)

angelocrr

Yes contabo protection is like butter, I try to ddos my vps with my home connection and server starts to have 10-20% packettloss

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
No problems here with 16 users online! ;) 2GB used out of 32GB. ^^
We do not want to see this solved buying a 32ram machine.
I've 3 machines with 32gb ram and another 2 with 16gb ram.
I've tested in both and the same is happening, 1h = +14mb ram or 1 day = 336mb ram (not normal at all).
With Tea*Speak server 3.3.1 in my home server with 16gb ram and +-20 users online,
the server is just using 1.2% of the ram (6 days on) ;)
This is what i'm talking about.
With Teaspeak, server is always using more and more ram.... no sense if sometimes is without users :/
Do not matter if you have 32gb ram man, cause it uses more and more ram everyday..
That's why i've been using/testing teaspeak server in a ovh 2gb ram (to see clearly how it goes in terms of consumption).

mola19

Fanatic member
Premium User
I've tested in both and the same is happening, 1h = +14mb ram or 1 day = 336mb ram (not normal at all).
With Tea*Speak server 3.3.1 in my home server with 16gb ram and +-20 users online,
With Teaspeak, server is always using more and more ram.... no sense if sometimes is without users :/
Do not matter if you have 32gb ram man, cause it uses more and more ram everyday..
That's why i've been using/testing teaspeak server in a ovh 2gb ram (to see clearly how it goes in terms of consumption).

Yes, I was trying to explain that too, it is not profitable to have to buy such a big machine for a voice server.

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam

For sure.
I do not use contaboo (to easy to ddos with normal botnets).
Ovh + nice firewall cfg + cloudflare really solved my problems ;)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
it seems that the problem still continues, I am following 3 servers after the update and the memory continues to rise without stopping. (same number of connected users)
Well the memory itself does not raise.
Its more a fragmentation bug.
I dont know how you start TeaSpeak but when you're using the default given startscript you see that im putting in a costume memory allocated (jemalloc). This should decrease the memory fragmentation.

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
Well.

I got no issues with DDoS attack on contabo. Now i'm most using cloudflare for hide IP. and now i have tested DDoS attack on the server: No packet loss, no downtime, no lags. and about the RAM. it's "2 different things" between Tea*Speak & TeaSpeak. where Tea*Speak use "less RAM" but where TeaSpeak (can) use extra RAM. :)

I have nothing to complain about about the problem with RAM. as long as I do not get any complaints from my friends, there's actually no problem in it. :)

Saci

Fanatic member
Premium User
sorry
for me that I do not understand, the memory keeps increasing.
the reason I can not say, but the use of memory is mind-boggling
i hope fix in next update. i belive in you

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
@mkll11one i know Tea*Speak it is diffrent in terms of consumption.
Example: Tea*Speak server by r4p3 = 127days online in a 512mb ram vps
Teaspeak = 5/6 days online in a 2Gb vps

The general problem in this "memory leak / fragmentation" is that the ram is ascending a lot and to much fast..
Example: To Teaspeak server stay 127days online without ram problems, i've to use a 48Gb ram server xD

It is normal when the ram goes up (more users) and back down (less users)!
Not happening :(

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
When i started the Teaspeak server with 32 users online = 125mb ram
1h later with 13 users online = 145mb ram

I hope i'm wrong, but the memory leak / fragmentation seems to remain present :(
Let's wait a few hours and confirm if it is true.
Well it would be interesting to messure it over 2 or three days.
Also the virtual allocated memory would be interesting to keep a eye on it.
I thing the light increase of 14mb/hour would not be a const increase.
There will be an upper limit then the fragmentation reached the top level.

@mkll11onet is normal when the ram goes up (more users) and back down (less users)!
Not happening :(
What do you mean here?

yamano

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
@WolverinDEV I meant that the ram usage (from teaspeak server) is always ascending and do not stop... (even without users inside) :(
Example:
Starting server with 100 users = 150mb ram consumption.
24h later with no users = 486mb ram consumption.
Is it normal?

I think the "normal ram consumption" is when the server has more users, it uses more ram, when the server has less or no users, it would have to use less ram.. ;)