• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server 1.3.4-beta crashed

Rennato

Hello, I'm having trouble with teaspeak, ram consumption is increasing until the server crashes, it does not get 3 hours online. Can someone help me? I do not use bot anything on the server, just the teaspek.

Rennato

the ./TeaSpeakServer process is multiplying, it has more than 30 processes concurrently, not for

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well idk how small your amount of ram is, but after 3 hours is insane. In general Teaspeak does it much longer, yeah it needs a littlebit mor memory, but not that much.

Vafin

TeaFanatic
Hello, I'm having trouble with teaspeak, ram consumption is increasing until the server crashes, it does not get 3 hours online. Can someone help me? I do not use bot anything on the server, just the teaspek.
As a temporary solution, enable swap or increase the size of the swap file.

Vafin

TeaFanatic
I also have a problem with memory consumption, but thanks to the swap file, the server runs for extra time.
1548661437190.png
1548661476105.png

Rennato

Well idk how small your amount of ram is, but after 3 hours is insane. In general Teaspeak does it much longer, yeah it needs a littlebit mor memory, but not that much.

It is not a problem in linux, it used Tea*Speak with more than 250 users and it had no problems, with teaspeak 60 users is already consuming the whole memory. How many RAM do I need to support 250 users? Infuence to run in root?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well swap is probably a temporary solution.
@Vafin I think I've already ask you that but logs are disabled on your system, right?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah just wanted to ask thatto eliminate the file cache. Are you using sqlite or MySQL?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm idk how many users you have or if you have a test server, but could you try MySQL?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I'm at school, but I could when I'm back home.

The idea behind this test if to minimize the disk io, so disabled log and not sqlite should give us that result.

If the memory still grows without releasing it properly in an acceptibpe way then we've to search somewhere else.

My test were already join bots, bot everything was Okey

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
As well does the memory decrease when you stop the virtual servers and start them again?

Vafin

TeaFanatic
I'm at school, but I could when I'm back home.

The idea behind this test if to minimize the disk io, so disabled log and not sqlite should give us that result.

If the memory still grows without releasing it properly in an acceptibpe way then we've to search somewhere else.

My test were already join bots, bot everything was Okey
I turned off logging more than a week ago. Do your bots talk (sing) during the test?

MehdiSele

I Have same problem but after 16hours
Users 25-40

Last edited: