• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Server kick Tea*Speak Clients (Caused by Plugin: TSHook)

Kruckash

I encountered this weird thing with one of my TeamSpeak users client. He kept getting kicked..

TeamSpeak Client version didn't seem to matter. But the highest version allowed by TeaSpeak server is v3.2.1 (sigh).

Code:
<14:16:35> "User" connected to channel "[cspacer04]Lobby"
<14:16:52> "User" was kicked from the server by "ServerName #1" (left)

My Logs showed nothing, because it's set log level 3 (who wants info or debug/trace, right? :p)
logs/log_xxxx_general.log
Code:
[2019-01-03 13:04:22] [ERROR]     1 | [userIP:62829/User | 0] Handling of packet Command needs more than 10ms (17ms)
[2019-01-03 13:04:35] [ERROR]     1 | Command handling of command clientinit needs 17ms
[2019-01-03 13:04:35] [ERROR]     1 | [userIP:54762/User | 0] Handling of packet Command needs more than 10ms (17ms)
[2019-01-03 13:08:27] [ERROR]     1 | Command handling of command clientinit needs 17ms
[2019-01-03 13:08:27] [ERROR]     1 | [userIP:50472/User | 0] Handling of packet Command needs more than 10ms (17ms)
Figured out it's caused by "TS3Hook":
Clients use this to block setconnectioninfo (to hide their IP from Admins when connecting to public Tea*Speak servers) - Their IP can only be seen from Query and/or serverlogs.

Why does it cause them to get kicked from TeaSpeak?

TS3Hook github

So even if we decide to not allow TSHook, is there a way to detect and give a proper kick reason?

Last edited:

Chazotu

TeaFanatic
If its detected by TeaSpeak the client gets kicked whit the Message defined in you config . If you assign b_client_allow_invalid_packet you would allow using it .

Code:
  kick_invalid:
    #The value must be a string
    command: Invalid command. Protocol hacked?

Kruckash

If its detected by TeaSpeak the client gets kicked whit the Mesage definde in you config . If you assign b_client_allow_invalid_packet you would allow using it .

Code:
  kick_invalid:
    #The value must be a string
    command: Invalid command. Protocol hacked?
Well, it kicks the clients with no "Kick reason".
The b_client_allow_invalid_packet allows them to connect and stay connected at least.

WolverinDEV said he'll double check it later.