• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Setting needed view power on default channel bugs out

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
If you set a high (higher than the client permission) needed channel view power on the server default channel, the client will disconnect when changing to a new channel.

The error is
Code:
<05:06:21> Channel "[cspacer9212]✖ Welcome ✖" was deleted by the Server
<05:06:21> Disconnected from server (can not delete default channel)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well thats new.
But yes may then grant the default channel the highest view power.
I'll have to think about a fix there :D

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
Maybe ignore the permission if it's the default channel. That would prevent the issue.

If a user try to set the permission to that channel, send him an error or something... Or just let him set the value and when parsing, ignore it. (I know it might not be that simple, but yes that's just an idea)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well yes though about it.
The main issue is that the default channel must not be root channel. It could also be a child of a child and so on.
This fucks up my system a bit.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I just experimented a bit around, and except forbidding the user to not add the needed view power to the default channel tree, nothing worked.
For some reason some clients require a default channel all the time and if they do not have one they crash or disconnect...

Last edited:

eduardoroeder

Fanatic member
Premium User
I don't know how you send the channel list to the clients, but maybe you can send that the channel that the user is connected is the default for him if he don't have enough permission to see the servers default.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, but this requires me to track for each user their current "default" channel.
As well this could be really annoying and isn't really informative.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
This should be fixed by now.
The default channel can't have any needed view power nor any of the parent channels.

//Closed