• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

TeaSpeak update

testwebclient

why i am able to connect to the teaspeak server support ( running TeaSpeak 1.1.38-beta (30/06/2018 13:20:29) on Linux with latest version client of Tea*Speak ( 3.2.0 ) and i can't on my teaspeak ? it's said ( require extra plugin in config file ) but i don't have the plugin or so ?

Cordialy,

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
I'm just using the same Teaspeak as all of you.
I don't have any special implementations for me.

MarioC

Gruß
Mir ist gerade aufgefallen, dass es Ihnen bereits gelungen ist, die Verbindung zu Ihrem Tea*Speak (TeaSpeak unter Linux) zu ermöglichen.

Was werden Sie tun, über die Möglichkeit der Slots ein 128 mit unbegrenztem Server für die neue Server-Version oder noch nicht neue

Translate By DeepL

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
Well Teaspeak hasn't any slot limitation,that means of cause you have unlimited slots.
Teaspeak uses also the newer and fundamental stronger crypto handshake which is basicly known as the 3.1 protocol. The only exception is, that TeaSpeak use a self generated keychain which is individual for each server and can be modified within the protocol_key.txt file

harrasan

So what can I do to connect to my TeaSpeak server using the 3.2.0 client? Currently, I can't join the server and the server logs this:

Voice client 0/******************************************** (undefined) from *.*.*.*:* left.

testwebclient

so , the auto generated file protocol_key.txt is wrong on our side ? when we turn 31 experimental to 1 , it's not working ... no one can connect server . But basicaly i can join your teaspeak test server with client 3.2.0 ? how to explain ? if we have same version as your ?

testwebclient

#Its just a test for the new Tea*Speak licensing system (you require a extra plugin!)
experimental_31: 1 #Its just a test for the new Tea*Speak licensing system (you require a extra plugin!)
need an extra plugin ?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Jey it was the plug in which I already released but it's currently under approval.
But what the plug in basicly does it to change the static (hard coded key) from the client to a dynamic, from the server changeable key (which get may even send by the server)

essem

@SiniSN ich übersetze es mal so gut es geht:
Jey it was the plug in which I already released but it's currently under approval.
Satzbau am arsch aber irgendwas von wegen das ein Feature im plugin ist welches aber gerade darauf wartet von Tea*Speak abgesegnet zu werden.

But what the plug in basicly does it to change the static (hard coded key) from the client to a dynamic, from the server changeable key (which get may even send by the server)
"Aber was das Plugin grundsätzlich macht ist die änderung des statischen (fest einprogrammieren) schlüssels des clients zu einem dynamischen, vom server änderbaren, schlüssel (welcher möglicherweise sogar vom server gesendet wird)"

harrasan

Can we please get a statement what we can do to connect to a TeaSpeak server with the 3.2.0 client? It works on your server so there has to be a way. Also, what are your plans for the future of this project? If the official TS client is no longer an option (and I don't want to tell all of my users to install a plugin), I'd say TeaSpeak is dead.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
as I already sad TeaSpeak supports the new improved crypto handschake.
Because of the different keys (Tea*Speak (of cause) use their given and signed key and TeaSpeak a own generated (now known by the client)) you cant connect to TeaSpeak server unless you have a plugin installed which creates the possibility to use a not signed key from Tea*Speak.
This key (which TeaSpeak generated) is editable within the protocol_key.txt file.
A plugin which this does did already exist, but its currently under legal review.

MarioC

Hey,
as I already sad TeaSpeak supports the new improved crypto handschake.
Because of the different keys (Tea*Speak (of cause) use their given and signed key and TeaSpeak a own generated (now known by the client)) you cant connect to TeaSpeak server unless you have a plugin installed which creates the possibility to use a not signed key from Tea*Speak.
This key (which TeaSpeak generated) is editable within the protocol_key.txt file.
A plugin which this does did already exist, but its currently under legal review.
I don't understand then we can no longer use your server versions for 3.2 & abandon you like that

h1web

If the legal problems are "ok" and it is fine, do we STILL use a plugin to connect to teaspeak servers with >3.2.0 clients?

No plugin at client, no teaspeak?