• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Pending Conflict between permissions, when creating new groups.

aDeWaRD

Hi. One of our users have one crazzy problem.

The one of Server Admin I leave it by default, then I delete the group called "Normal" leaving only the Guest and Admin, then I create 1 from 0, it would be the group for those who are registered, the permission to enter, exit, create subchannel, ..., the basic group for any member, once finished that group I copy and paste it, just to put icons, the Moderator group created it from 0. When i change some permissions on First group create for enter,ext, create subchannels, ..., It also changes them in the rest of the groups, (When only had to change it in the group I am editing).

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Wow... thats really one sentence?!
I'm not sure what you exactly mean, but sure you haven't used the TS3 permission editor?

aDeWaRD

The edition done by Tea*Speak 3 client.

1 - he delete "normal" group, leave the other two with not editions.
2 - he create clear new group "A" for enter, exit, create subchannel... (Now he have Admin - Guest - A).
3 - he copy the group "A" to make diferent names with diferent icons "A"-"B"-"C"-...
4 - he create new group for moderation "Moderator".
5 - The error: When he edit something in group "B" or "A" or "Moderator" or ... it changes in the rest of groups too. So cant do diferent permisions groups.

Vafin

TeaFanatic
The edition done by Tea*Speak 3 client.

1 - he delete "normal" group, leave the other two with not editions.
2 - he create clear new group "A" for enter, exit, create subchannel... (Now he have Admin - Guest - A).
3 - he copy the group "A" to make diferent names with diferent icons "A"-"B"-"C"-...
4 - he create new group for moderation "Moderator".
5 - The error: When he edit something in group "B" or "A" or "Moderator" or ... it changes in the rest of groups too. So cant do diferent permisions groups.
Have you tried creating groups without copying group "A"?
I think when copying incorrectly set permissions in the database. You need to send @WolverinDEV database for the study .

aDeWaRD

Group "A"-"B"-"C" = A clear group and B - C copy of A
Group "Moderator" = clear group

If you change any permision on A or B or C or Moderator afect a rest of groups.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well the only fault here is: "The edition done by Tea*Speak 3 client.".
There is no bug related to the permission system. Its just a buggy visualization within the TS3 client.