• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Docker images

UncleSam

Hi there,

I wanted to use teaspeak server and teaspeak web using docker containers. But all in all I only found outdated versions.

So I decided to create my own docker image which is up2date. But after a look into the official docker github (https://github.com/TeaSpeak/TeaDocker/) I found some good Dockerfiles.

All in all I am now monitoring for new server and web versions (hourly). If there is one an automatically built is triggered and pushed to hub.docker.com - using the original Dockerfiles.

For me I have most up2date versions but if you want feel free to also use them. You can get them here:

How its done:
Inside the original Dockerfiles for server and web are methods to determinate the newest version. With jenkins CI I am now monitoring this path to see if there is a new version (using Plugin URLTrigger, hourly). If there is a change, I am simply fetching the newest TeaDocker github project, build the image using the original Dockerfile and push them to the repositories mentioned above.

Maybe this is interesting for someone :p

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

(sry I think I choosed the wrong cathegory)

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
thanks for investigating some time.
The TeaSpeak - Web docker files were kept up 2 date but for some reasons since nearly a month now the Travis auto build does not work any more....

The server was actually planned to be build as an automated build as well but I've not yet managed to start up my Jenkins pipeline again since I switched from Linux to Windows due to the development of the native TeaSpeak client.

Maxir

@UncleSam I was able to build and start the alpine server by modifying the Dockerfile so it will install python3 instead of python. Just change this line

Code:
ca-certificates curl python ffmpeg tzdata \
to

Code:
ca-certificates curl python3 ffmpeg tzdata \

UncleSam

Thx @Maxir for this information!

At the moment I am using the official github repository to create the docker images and not my own. So I do not have the permission to change that - and to be honest I do not want to be in charge for the docker repository.

But I think this is an importent information for @WolverinDEV to get the alpine docker image running again.