• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Server Invalid License warning

4ch3los

Hey there,
since this weekend Users get a warning with this text while joining on one of my teaspeak servers:

Code:
You are connecting to a Tea*Speak server that seems to be using an invalid license.

If you are the owner of this server, please check with your Tea*Speak host provider to verify they are using a valid license for your server.
Does anyone know more about his message? What can happen oder maybe how to protect against it?

Greetings 4ch3los

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hello,
It seems like Tea*Speak had this ip/domain graylisted. I recommend you to switch the ip before the server is totally blacklisted :)

4ch3los

Thanks for the fast response! Im a little bit confused because i tried running it over another ip adress and still got the same issue, but when i tried a fresh install it works without any problems. Is there maybe a blacklist for the server identity and is there an option to change it?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
You could be blacklisted by 4 ways:
- ip blacklist
- domain blacklist (even wildcard is possible)
- server identity blacklist (server uuid)
- license blacklist (works only for 3.1 and above)

Redeemer (yat.qa) has an online tool where you can check these things

n0ns

Yes/no.
You have to edit the database and delete the virtualserver keypair :)
I also bought a license to use in teaspeak, everything worked normally with client 3.2.2 above 32 slots for a few days, however today my server went into greylist. Can you help me with something I can write to them by asking them to desban the IP address of my server, or this would not be possible ... maybe it is better to change the IP of my server? Is it possible to occur again?

mkll11one

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
TeaTeam
As noted on your others question i did answered:

There is NO WAY to hide! - Tea*Speak is killing TeaSpeak (because) - they means: "these servers were blacklisted because they have up until recently been running illicit server versions." - There is nothing you can do. (unless you want to spend more than one thousand euro to buy new servers, new IP addresses.)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Well you could write back that a TeaSpeak-Server itself isn't illicit at all!
Its a own developed software, for the TeaSpeak web client and client, which will come out soon :)

n0ns

Well you could write back that a TeaSpeak-Server itself isn't illicit at all!
Its a own developed software, for the TeaSpeak web client and client, which will come out soon :)
I'm trying to host the original Tea*Speak server with the license, next to the teaspeak server on the same host ip.

However, the Tea*Speak server automatically closes every 60 seconds. I believe that some automatic checking, could you turn it off? Or find a way to circumvent this check.

|ERROR |Accounting | |was started too many times in a certain time period, instance will shutdown

Kevinos

Fanatic member
Premium User
I'm trying to host the original Tea*Speak server with the license, next to the teaspeak server on the same host ip.

However, the Tea*Speak server automatically closes every 60 seconds. I believe that some automatic checking, could you turn it off? Or find a way to circumvent this check.

|ERROR |Accounting | |was started too many times in a certain time period, instance will shutdown
For a original Tea*Speak server u need remove this on your host file :
127.0.0.1 ipcheck.Tea*Speak.com
127.0.0.1 backupaccounting.Tea*Speak.com
127.0.0.1 accounting.Tea*Speak.com