• Hey Guest, we're evolving the future of TeaSpeak.
    You're invited to join the discussion here!

Completed Unable to assign missing Grant permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrasan

Hey,

I've noticed that you're unable to assign missing Grant permissions even when your group has ib_permission_modify_power_ignore.

Regards
Harry

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hey,
If you detect a missing permission you could create a bug report and I will fix this for the next update.
But as a instant solution you could use the permgrant command (in the terminal)

harrasan

It's not that a permission is missing... but the purpose of b_permission_modify_power_ignore is that you can assign the grant permission even when your i_permission_modify_power is too low. In TeaSpeak, it does not work that way, which is very confusing.

So basically, if a group has b_permission_modify_power_ignore, its members should be able to modify all permissions without getting any errors.

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm okey?
Sometimes the Tea*Speak permission system is strange.
I will look that up later :)

Chikyui

Hey, bei mir ist ein ähnliches Problem. Ich habe ein Tea*Speak Snapshot wiederhergestellt und nun kommen, wenn ich einen Channel bearbeite folgender Fehler "Unzureichende Client Rechte (gescheitert an i_permission_modify_power)". Die Admin gruppe hat aber die benötige Power

Last edited:

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm Okey?
This issue described ahead ist outdated and fixed/better implemented.
Are you really sure you have the permission?

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Haha yeah I just looked up TeaSpeaks permission system and of cause I implemented a extra permission for that xD
I_channel_modify_ppwer :)

WolverinDEV

TeaSpeak Team
Staff member
Administrator
Everything should work now much better (Complete permission system was redesined in the last few versions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.